What is Interdisciplinary Biodiversity Initiative at Guelph (iBiG)?
In bringing the UoG biodiversity-related research community together, we are strengthening the individual potential to accelerate outcomes through collaborative action, in order to address major challenges faced by industry with innovative approaches in ways that cannot be achieved by any one partner alone.
Who can join iBiG?
Any faculty member from the University of Guelph with an active biodiversity-related research program and who is interested in collaborative work.
What does it mean to be a member of iBiG?
iBiG affiliated faculty member support the shared principles based on iBiG’s Statement of Purpose below:
- A focal point for all applied biodiversity-related research at UoG for the benefit of researchers in all departments and Colleges
- Enhancement of individual research efforts though closer collaboration across disciplines and departments
- Leveraging a critical mass of expertise covering all aspects of biodiversity science to tackle socio-economic problems with innovative approaches in ways
- Access to iBiG stakeholder community to help faculty with letters of support and others
- Increased interdisciplinary training opportunities
iBiG members accept to:
- Participate from time to time in conversations and activities with other members to identify and share collaboration opportunities and determine how to more effectively create synergies
- List their names to the Biodiversity Institute of Ontario website as Affiliated Faculty
- Acknowledge their affiliation on their CV’s and in their publications when appropriate
- Recruit new members/students to iBiG when possible
- Engage in iBiG governance if they wish to
During the inception phase the iBiG program of activities is governed by a steering council made up of volunteer iBiG members. The Secretariat provided by the Biodiversity Institute of Ontario.
iBiG Steering Council
|Dunfield, Kari||Professor and CRC||School of Environmental Sciences/Ontario Agriculture College|
|Fryxell, John||Executive Director||Biodiversity Institute of Ontario/College of Biological Science|
|Habash, Marc||Associate Professor||School of Environmental Sciences/Ontario Agriculture College|
|Hanner, Robert (Chair)||Associate Professor||Department of Integrative Biology/Biodiversity Institute of Ontario|
|Kirby, Gordon||Professor||Department of Biomedical Sciences/Ontario Veterinary College|
|Raine, Nigel||Professor||School of Environmental Sciences/Ontario Agriculture College|
|Scott-Dupree, Cynthia||Professor||School of Environmental Sciences/Ontario Veterinary College|
|Van Der Kraak, Glen||Professor||Department of Integrative Biology/College of Biological Science|